Friday, December 4, 2009

Meet the first of my four legged canine "kids"


Cana Del Brewster-Pentz


I was set to graduate college May of 1998. I applied at a kennel in Deleware for a management position. I didn't come home from the interview with a job offer...... I came home with something SO much better.
Cana is a Schnauzer/Kerry Blue Terrier cross. She and her litter mates were an OOPS during the busy Christmas season. I saw 8 excited pups in a kennel and had to have one. I pointed and said "I want that one"....They all were moving so quickly I couldn't tell you if the one that was handed to me was the one I pointed out, but it did not matter. I was being smothered with lots of warm kisses. She was taken away given a bath and sent home with me for $50.00. Her name is biblical; Cana- the location of the first miracle where water was turned to wine. She was my first dog, my first miracle. Del- because she came from Delaware.
At nearly 12 years old she is still a bundle of energy and brings me much joy. When she was young I taught her to give "hugs". She still loves to jump up and lean her head in for hugs. She is a great companion and I am thrilled that I was lucky enough to adopt her.


1 comment:

  1. Just say her name. That is all that you have to do. Just say her name... The dog is crazy, but wonderful. I miss her...
    Ben Brewster

    ReplyDelete