Wednesday, December 21, 2011


Here is my lil' Shelby LuRane. She is fast asleep in this photo. 

We found this cutie on www.Petfinder.com.  I am pretty sure she is from a puppy mill.  She came to us known as Sophie, the poodle.  I have since determined that she is mixed with a Jack Russell.  Her bigger than life personality and build have helped me come to that conclusion.

She has a heart murmur and could not be sold at the pet store where she ended up.  The owner of the store opted to donate her to a local rescue rather than send her back to the breeders, where she would have likely been euthanized.

Shelby is wonderful with my two kids.  As rough and tough as she can be she will settle right down to cuddle with my son Ross.  When Maggie tries to dress her up she is docile and loves the attention.  She has been a great addition to our family.

DON'T SHOP, ADOPT. 
There are hundreds of dogs waiting for loving homes...including MANY purebreds.  Don't support back yard breeders and Puppy mills.

No comments:

Post a Comment