Saturday, December 5, 2009

Meet the third of my four legged canine "kids"

Josephine Pre Pentz

Josephine came from Eine Kleine Kennel in Hamden, NY. She was a year old July 2009. After having bigger dogs I decided that I wanted a "fu fu" dog that would be a constant companion for me around the house. The name Josephine was to be a name used for a child, but Frank and I decided that we would stop with two. So Josephine was used for our four legged daughter. So she named after Frank's Grandmother. The name Pre is a joke really. When I was asking to adopt a third dog and looking for a poodle at the same time Frank had said the asking was just a pretense that I knew I'd get her. So pretense became Prepentz! (Pre Pentz) She is a very fun

dog. When I brought her home I had a homemade "puppy pocket" and she road the five hours bundled in it. To this day she loves to dive under blankets and curl up. She also LOVES to ride. I say to Ross and Maggie "okay, it's time to go!" and Josie is dancing at the front door waiting to run to the van. She is never far from me either. If I go upstairs...she follows. If I head to bed....she follows. If I am grooming....she runs to her kennel in the parlor. Even now she is curled up on the couch right next to me. I love this about her. She is great company. She loves people, other dogs, kids and car rides. Grooming, she could take it or leave it! IMAGINE THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment